Jump to Main Content
- Hartmut Kayser
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung 2014 v.30 no.5-6 pp. 369-378
- Aglais urticae; acylglycerols; adsorption; beta-carotene; cellulose; chromatography; esterification; insect development; linoleic acid; linolenic acid; lutein; polyenes; pupae; silica; silver nitrate
- ... Argentation Thin-layer systems for argentation chromatography of fatty-acid esters of carotenoids have been developed. As two-dimensional reversed-phase partition system on paraffine impregnated cellulose this method permits a clear discrimination between saturated and unsaturated fatty acids. By adsorption on silver nitrate containing silica gel-G separation of carotenoid esters according to the ...
- Ranalli, A.; Pollastri, L.; Contento, S.; Iannucci, E.
- International journal of food science & technology 2003 v.38 no.1 pp. 17-27
- tocopherols; volatile compounds; sensory evaluation; enzymes; olive oil; food processing; beta-carotene; acylglycerols; food composition; color; xanthophylls; chlorophyll; alcohols; phenolic compounds
- ... The composition of three virgin olive oil varieties (Caroleo, Coratina and Leccino) was investigated after extraction with a new enzyme processing aid called Bioliva. Comparisons with reference oils extracted without using the biological preparation were made. The oils extracted by enzymes showed the following features: (i) higher contents of total phenols, o-diphenols, major free and hydrolysable ...