Jump to Main Content
- Khan, M.R.; Rashid, H.; Ansar, M.; Chaudry, Z.
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2003 v.75 no.3 pp. 223-231
- oil crops; benzyladenine; genes; Brassica napus; 2,4-D; shoots; dose response; hypocotyls; Agrobacterium radiobacter; gibberellic acid; explants; varieties; naphthaleneacetic acid; in vitro regeneration; enzyme activity; culture media; genetic transformation; gene transfer; transgenic plants; silver nitrate; beta-glucuronidase
- ... Five different varieties of Brassica napus (Cyclone, Dunkled, Oscar, Rainbow and KS75) were tested for their regeneration response. Cyclone showed a very high frequency of regeneration (92%). The use of silver nitrate was a pre-requisite for efficient shoot regeneration. Hypocotyls were selected as the starting material for transformation experiments on the basis of high transient GUS expression. ...
- Holbrook, L.; Tung, P.; Ward, K.; Reid, D.M.; Abrams, S.; Lamb, N.; Quail, J.W.; Moloney, M.M.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 419-428
- Helianthus annuus; Brassica napus; measurement; chemical degradation; dose response; jasmonic acid; gene expression; Triticum aestivum; Nicotiana tabacum; esters; stereochemistry; enzyme activity; chemical structure; seed germination; transgenic plants; cotyledons; proteinase inhibitors; reporter genes; chemical constituents of plants; chlorophyll; beta-glucuronidase
- ... The importance of the two chiral centers at C-3 and C-7 in the molecular structure of jasmonic acid in plant responses was investigated. We separated methyl jasmonate (MeJA) into (3R)- and (3S)-isomers with a fixed stereochemistry at C-3, but epimerization at C-7 is possible. The four isomers of the nonepimerizable analog 7-methyl MeJA were synthesized. These six esters and their corresponding aci ...