Jump to Main Content
- Yanan Feng; Meng Zhang; Qifang Guo; Guokun Wang; Jiangfeng Gong; Ying Xu; Wei Wang
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2014 v.75 pp. 138-144
- electrolytes; reactive oxygen species; wheat; genes; sugars; malondialdehyde; proline; vector control; solutes; Triticum aestivum; Nicotiana tabacum; leaves; gene overexpression; ubiquitin; enzyme activity; tobacco; proteasome endopeptidase complex; wilting; transgenic plants; cold stress; photosystem II; cold tolerance; beta-glucuronidase
- ... Ubiquitin (Ub) is a multifunctional protein that mainly functions to tag proteins for selective degradation by the 26S proteasome. We cloned an Ub gene TaUb2 from wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) previously. To study the function of TaUB2 in chilling stress, sense and antisense Ub transgenic tobacco plants (Nicotiana tabacum L.), as well as wild type (WT) and vector control β-glucuronidase (T-GUS) pla ...
- Holbrook, L.; Tung, P.; Ward, K.; Reid, D.M.; Abrams, S.; Lamb, N.; Quail, J.W.; Moloney, M.M.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 419-428
- Helianthus annuus; Brassica napus; measurement; chemical degradation; dose response; jasmonic acid; gene expression; Triticum aestivum; Nicotiana tabacum; esters; stereochemistry; enzyme activity; chemical structure; seed germination; transgenic plants; cotyledons; proteinase inhibitors; reporter genes; chemical constituents of plants; chlorophyll; beta-glucuronidase
- ... The importance of the two chiral centers at C-3 and C-7 in the molecular structure of jasmonic acid in plant responses was investigated. We separated methyl jasmonate (MeJA) into (3R)- and (3S)-isomers with a fixed stereochemistry at C-3, but epimerization at C-7 is possible. The four isomers of the nonepimerizable analog 7-methyl MeJA were synthesized. These six esters and their corresponding aci ...