Jump to Main Content
- Emerson Rachel M., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Energy & Fuels 2017 v.31 no.2 pp. 1620-1630
- Miscanthus; acetic acid; biomass; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; guaiacol; heat treatment; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; phenol; pyrolysis; quantitative analysis; temperature profiles
- ... Accurate measurement of biomass pyrolysis products can provide valuable guidance for thermal processing. However, pyrolysis generates large numbers of compounds in varying concentrations, factors that can make compound identification and quantitation difficult. In this study, Miscanthus biomass samples were analyzed using pyrolysis/two-dimensional gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (Py-GCxGC-MS) ...
- Emerson Rachel M., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Industrial biotechnology 2015 v.11 no.6 pp. 322-330
- aluminum; atomic absorption spectrometry; biofuels; biomass; biotechnology; calcium; corrosion; fouling; germanium; iron; magnesium; manganese; mass spectrometry; models; phosphorus; potassium; rapid methods; silicon; sodium; synthesis gas; uncertainty; wet digestion method
- ... Inorganic compounds in biomass, often referred to as ash, are known to be problematic in the thermochemical conversion of biomass to bio-oil or syngas and, ultimately, hydrocarbon fuels because they negatively influence reaction pathways, contribute to fouling and corrosion, poison catalysts, and impact waste streams. The most common ash-analysis methods, such as inductively coupled plasma-optical ...
- PubMed Central: