Jump to Main Content
- Edna S. Costa; Carolina N. França; Francisco A. H. Fonseca; Juliana T. Kato; Henrique T. Bianco; Thiago T. Freitas; Henrique A. R. Fonseca; Antonio Martins Figueiredo Neto; Maria Cristina Izar
- British journal of nutrition 2019 v.121 no.12 pp. 1365-1375
- amylases; bananas; biomass; blood glucose; body composition; body mass index; body weight; diastolic blood pressure; fasting; food intake; gastric emptying; glucose; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; hip circumference; homeostasis; hydrolysis; insulin resistance; models; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; nutritional support; patients; randomized clinical trials; resistant starch; risk; waist circumference
- ... Diabetes mellitus is a global epidemic, characterised as a heterogeneous group of metabolic disorders associated with high risk of CVD. Green banana biomass, which is composed of resistant starches (RS) and cannot be hydrolysed by amylases, delays gastric emptying and modulates insulin sensitivity, thus contributing to improve metabolic disorders. The aim of the present study was to investigate th ...
- Nathália Ferreira Lousek; Neiane Cristina Santos; Maria Clara Marcola Dourado; Flávia Melo Pontieri; Monatha Nayara Guimarães Teófilo; Frank Sousa Castro; Sérgio Henrique Nascente Costa; Graziela Torres Blanch; Arissa Felipe Borges; Clayson Moura Gomes
- Journal of the American College of Nutrition 2021 v.40 no.5 pp. 472-477
- Musa; alanine transaminase; alkaline phosphatase; aspartate transaminase; bananas; bilirubin; biomass; blood glucose; blood serum; calcium; creatine; diet; ethics; high density lipoprotein; magnesium; males; obesity; probiotics; urea; uric acid
- ... Analyze the effects of green banana biomass (Musa spp.) on the biochemical parameters in Wistar male rats under standard and hyperlipidic diet. Ethical approval for this study was obtained from Ethics Committee on the Use of Animals CEUA – PUC-GO and consisted in the division of 32 rats in 4 differentiated groups according to their diet (standard – CT; standard with green banana biomass – CTBM; hy ...