Jump to Main Content
- Hiroko Ikushiro; Hideyuki Hayashi
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2011 v.1814 no.11 pp. 1474-1480
- biosynthesis; pyridoxal phosphate; sphingolipids; spectroscopy; enzymology; serine C-palmitoyltransferase
- ... Serine palmitoyltransferase, which is one of the α-oxamine synthase family enzymes, catalyzes the condensation reaction of L-serine and palmitoyl-CoA to form 3-ketodihydrosphingosine, the first and rate-determining step of the sphingolipid biosynthesis. As with other α-oxamine synthase family enzymes, the catalytic reaction is composed of multiple elementary steps, and the mechanism to control the ...
- Ryan N. Vogt; Hendrik S. C. Spies; Daniel J. Steenkamp
- European journal of biochemistry 2001 v.268 no.20 pp. 5229-5241
- Crithidia fasciculata; NAD (coenzyme); NADH dehydrogenase; ammonium sulfate; anion exchange chromatography; biosynthesis; cysteine; dithiothreitol; high performance liquid chromatography; histidine; iron; isotope labeling; lactate dehydrogenase; oxygen; pyridoxal phosphate; pyruvic acid; spectral analysis; spectroscopy; sulfur; thiols
- ... Crude extracts of Crithidia fasciculata catalyse the formation of 4âmercaptoâlâhistidine, an intermediate in the biosynthesis of ovothiol A (N1âmethylâ4âmercaptohistidine), in the presence of histidine, cysteine, Fe2+ and pyridoxal phosphate. This activity was present in a 35â55% ammonium sulfate fraction that was shown to produce a transsulfuration intermediate in the absence of pyr ...