Jump to Main Content
- Chenault, Kelly D.; Maas, Andrea L.; Damicone, John P.; Payton, Mark E.; Melouk, Hassan A.
- Euphytica 2009 v.166 no.3 pp. 357-365
- Arachis hypogaea; peanuts; disease resistance; Sclerotinia minor; blight; fungal diseases of plants; genetic markers; microsatellite repeats; polymerase chain reaction; DNA primers; genotype
- ... The production of cultivated peanut, an important agronomic crop throughout the United States and the world, is consistently threatened by various diseases and pests. Sclerotinia minor Jagger (S. minor), the causal agent of Sclerotinia blight, is a major threat to peanut production in the Southwestern US, Virginia and North Carolina. Although information on the variability of morphological traits ...
- Robène-Soustrade, Isabelle; Laurent, Philippe; Gagnevin, Lionel; Jouen, Emmanuel; Pruvost, Olivier
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2006 v.72 no.2 pp. 1072-1078
- plant pathogenic bacteria; random amplified polymorphic DNA technique; disease detection; blight; DNA primers; bacterial diseases of plants; Anthurium andraeanum; microbial detection; Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. dieffenbachiae; nucleotide sequences; disease diagnosis
- ... Efficient control of Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. dieffenbachiae, the causal agent of anthurium bacterial blight, requires a sensitive and reliable diagnostic tool. A nested PCR test was developed from a sequence-characterized amplified region marker identified by randomly amplified polymorphic DNA PCR for the detection of X. axonopodis pv. dieffenbachiae. Serological and pathogenicity tests were pe ...
- PubMed Central: