Jump to Main Content
- Zeng Jianwei; Chen Aimeng; Li Dandan; Yi Bin; Wu Wei
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2013 v.61 no.24 pp. 5720-5726
- Stevia rebaudiana; catalase; chlorophyll; enzyme activity; glycosides; leaves; peroxidase; physiological response; potassium; proline; salt concentration; salt stress; salt tolerance; sodium chloride; soil; steviol; stevioside; superoxide dismutase
- ... This study examined the effects of three different NaCl concentrations (60, 90, and 120 mM) on the growth, physiological responses, and steviol glycoside composition of Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni for 4 weeks. The results showed that the total dry weight decreased by 40% at 120 mM NaCl but remained the same at 60 and 90 mM NaCl. As salt concentration increased, chlorophyll contents decreased markedl ...
- M. Aghighi Shahverdi; H. Omidi; H. Mosanaiey; M. Pessarakli; S. E. Mousavi; M. Ghasemzadeh
- Journal of plant nutrition 2019 v.42 no.10 pp. 1125-1132
- Stevia; catalase; environmental factors; enzyme activity; peroxidase; proline; protein content; seed germination; seedling growth; seedlings; superoxide dismutase; temperature; vigor
- ... Light and temperature are among the environmental factors affecting germination of seeds and seedling growth. Therefore, this experiment was carried out to evaluate the effect of light (light, dark, and combined light and dark) and temperature (15, 20, 25, and 30 °C) treatments on seed germination indices and physiological traits of stevia. With increasing temperature to 25 °C, percentage and rate ...
- Magdalena Simlat; Patrycja Ślęzak; Maria Moś; Marzena Warchoł; Edyta Skrzypek; Agata Ptak
- Scientia horticulturae 2016 v.211 pp. 295-304
- seedling growth; roots; sugars; plantlets; stems; fluorescent lighting; carotenoids; Stevia rebaudiana; peroxidase; seeds; superoxide dismutase; temperature; enzyme activity; pigments; seed germination; catalase; light quality; seed quality; stomata; chlorophyll; phenolic compounds
- ... Poor germination of Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni seeds is a phenomenon with unknown reason and the research concerning the improving of germination are still in progress. We investigated the influence of light-emitting diodes (LEDs) spectra on Stevia seed germination as well as seedling growth and selected morphological and biochemical parameters. Blue LED light increased seed germination and affecte ...