Jump to Main Content
- Chun-Xue Yang; Shuai Zhao; Ze-Chong Guo; Wen-Zong Liu; Ling Wang; Shao-Peng Yu; Bao-Ling Liu; Xue Cong
- Environmental research 2020 v.186 pp. 109503
- Acidobacteria; Caloramator; acidification; activated sludge; chemical oxygen demand; fermentation; heat tolerance; hydrolysis; microbial communities; proteins; proteolysis; short chain fatty acids; thermophilic bacteria
- ... Adding alkaline into an anaerobic waste activated sludge (WAS) fermentation with thermophilic bacteria pretreatment could efficiently improve short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) accumulation to 3550 ± 120 mg COD/L. The acidification rate in combined test was 21.2%, while that was 15.6% and 10.7% in sole thermophilic bacteria pretreatment and control tests respectively. Four distinct groups of microbes ...
- Chunxue Yang; Wenzong Liu; Zhangwei He; Sangeetha Thangavel; Ling Wang; Aijuan Zhou; Aijie Wang
- Bioresource technology 2015 v.175 pp. 509-516
- Caloramator; Clostridium; Geobacillus; acidification; activated sludge; bacteria; chemical oxygen demand; fluorescence; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; freezing; hydrolysis; sequence analysis; short chain fatty acids; synergism; thawing
- ... A novel pretreatment method combining freezing/thawing with Geobacillus sp. G1 was employed to pretreat waste activated sludge (WAS) for enhancing the WAS hydrolysis and subsequent short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) production. Results showed that freezing/thawing combined with Geobacillus sp. G1 pretreatment achieved the maximal concentrations of soluble protein from 40±6mg COD/L (non-pretreated) to ...