Jump to Main Content
- Marianne Zandersen; Kari Hyytiäinen; H. E. Markus Meier; Maciej T. Tomczak; Barbara Bauer; Päivi E. Haapasaari; Jørgen Eivind Olesen; Bo G. Gustafsson; Jens Christian Refsgaard; Erik Fridell; Sampo Pihlainen; Martin D. A. Le Tissier; Anna-Kaisa Kosenius; Detlef P. Van Vuuren
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 1073-1086
- atmospheric deposition; climate; climate change; ecosystems; fisheries; human development; land use change; pollution; pollution control; shipping; socioeconomics; wastewater treatment; Baltic Sea; Northern European region
- ... Long-term scenario analyses can be powerful tools to explore plausible futures of human development under changing environmental, social, and economic conditions and to evaluate implications of different approaches to reduce pollution and resource overuse. Vulnerable ecosystems like the Baltic Sea in North-Eastern Europe tend to be under pressure from multiple, interacting anthropogenic drivers bo ...
- MACKENZIE, BRIAN R.; GISLASON, HENRIK; MÖLLMANN, CHRISTIAN; KÖSTER, FRIEDRICH W.
- Global change biology 2007 v.13 no.7 pp. 1348-1367
- Pleuronectes; biodiversity; climate; climate change; cod (fish); ecosystems; fish communities; fisheries; fisheries management; freshwater; habitats; herring; marine fish; models; new species; salinity; salmon; sport fishing; temperature; uncertainty; Baltic Sea; Northern European region
- ... The Baltic Sea is a large brackish semienclosed sea whose species-poor fish community supports important commercial and recreational fisheries. Both the fish species and the fisheries are strongly affected by climate variations. These climatic effects and the underlying mechanisms are briefly reviewed. We then use recent regional - scale climate - ocean modelling results to consider how climate ch ...