Jump to Main Content
- Zunkang Zhao; Xiaofeng Gao; Ye Ke; Minmin Chang; Lu Xie; Xiaofeng Li; Minghua Gu; Jiping Liu; Xinlian Tang
- Plant and soil 2019 v.437 no.1-2 pp. 273-289
- aluminum; benzoxazinoids; biosynthesis; chelation; corn; cultivars; exudation; hydroxamic acids; root growth; root tips; salicylic acid
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Although aluminum (Al) exclusion via root exudation of organic matters is a common resistance mechanism adopted by many plant species, whether root exudation of benzoxazinoids, such as hydroxamic acids (HAs), confers Al resistance remains unclear. METHODS: We performed physiological characterization for an Al-resistant maize cultivar TY and a sensitive maize cultivar ZD. RESUL ...
- M. A. Rabileh; J. Shamshuddin; Q. A. Panhwar; A. B. Rosenani; A. R. Anuar
- Canadian journal of plant science 2015 v.95 no.1 pp. 37-47
- Elaeis guineensis; Ultisols; aluminum; biochar; chelation; corn; crop production; dolomitic limestone; exchangeable aluminum; gibbsite; greenhouse experimentation; greenhouses; soil fertility; soil pH; soil solution; tropics
- ... Rabileh, M. A., Shamshuddin, J., Panhwar, Q. A., Rosenani, A. B. and Anuar, A. R. 2015. Effects of biochar and/or dolomitic limestone application on the properties of Ultisol cropped to maize under glasshouse conditions. Can. J. Soil Sci. 95: 37–47. Ultisols in the tropics are characterized by low pH and high exchangeable Al. Maize grown on them produces low yield. A study was conducted to determi ...