Jump to Main Content
- Shaoqun Zhou; Annett Richter; Georg Jander
- Plant & cell physiology 2018 v.59 no.8 pp. 1528-1537
- Zea mays; aluminum; auxins; benzoxazinoids; biochemical pathways; chemical defenses; corn; flowering date; genes; genomics; iron; metabolism; metabolites; metal tolerance; pathogens; pests; seedlings
- ... Benzoxazinoids are a class of indole-derived plant metabolites that function in defense against numerous pests and pathogens. Due to their abundance in maize (Zea mays) and other important cereal crops, benzoxazinoids have been the subject of extensive research for >50 years. Whereas benzoxazinoids can account for 1% or more of the dry weight in young seedlings constitutively, their accumulation i ...
- Zunkang Zhao; Xiaofeng Gao; Ye Ke; Minmin Chang; Lu Xie; Xiaofeng Li; Minghua Gu; Jiping Liu; Xinlian Tang
- Plant and soil 2019 v.437 no.1-2 pp. 273-289
- aluminum; benzoxazinoids; biosynthesis; chelation; corn; cultivars; exudation; hydroxamic acids; root growth; root tips; salicylic acid
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Although aluminum (Al) exclusion via root exudation of organic matters is a common resistance mechanism adopted by many plant species, whether root exudation of benzoxazinoids, such as hydroxamic acids (HAs), confers Al resistance remains unclear. METHODS: We performed physiological characterization for an Al-resistant maize cultivar TY and a sensitive maize cultivar ZD. RESUL ...