Jump to Main Content
- Paul Ertl; Hannes Klocker; Stefan Hörtenhuber; Wilhelm Knaus; Werner Zollitsch
- Agricultural systems 2015 v.137 pp. 119-125
- arable soils; correlation; crude protein; dairy cows; dairy farming; energy; farms; feed conversion; feeds; food availability; food industry; food loss; food production; grains; grasslands; humans; meat; milk; milk production; nutrient requirements; nutrients; production technology
- ... Due to their ability to convert human-inedible fibrous plant materials into high quality animal products, ruminants have always played an important role as net food producers. However, to meet the animals' nutritional requirements, today's rations for high yielding dairy cows also contain substantial amounts of potentially human-edible feeds (e.g. cereals and pulses), which increases competition b ...
- Isak J. Csargo; Michael L. Brown; Matthew J. Ward
- Journal of applied aquaculture 2013 v.25 no.1 pp. 24-34
- Micropterus salmoides; condition factor; correlation; feeds; fingerlings; food availability; photoperiod; protein composition; protein energy ratio; starter cultures; starter diets; stocking rate; tanks; water temperature; weaning
- ... We compared performance (growth, survival, and condition) of northern largemouth bass Micropterus salmoides salmoides fingerlings fed one of three commercial starter feeds: Otohime Marine Weaning (OMW; Marubeni Nisshin Feed), Bio-Oregon BiVita Fry (BVF; Bio-Oregon), and Purina Aquamax Starter (PAS; PMI Nutrition International LLC). Nine 833-L circular tanks, connected in parallel to a recirculatio ...