Jump to Main Content
- Guo, Yufang; McCarty, Jack C.; Jenkins, Johnie N.; An, Chuanfu; Saha, Sukumar
- Euphytica 2009 v.166 no.3 pp. 317-329
- cotton; quantitative trait loci; germplasm; flowering; hybrids; plant breeding; cultivars; Gossypium hirsutum; phenology; crossing; plant genetic resources; phenotypic variation; branches
- ... Flowering time has biological and agricultural significance for crops. In Upland cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.), photoperiodic sensitivity is a major obstacle in the utilization of primitive accessions in breeding programs. Quantitative trait loci (QTLs) analysis was conducted in two F₂ populations from the crosses between a day-neutral cultivar Deltapine 61 (DPL61) and two photoperiod sensitive G ...
- Pline Wendy A.; Edmisten Keith L.; Wilcut John W.; Wells Randy; Thomas Judith
- Weed science 2003 v.51 no.1 pp. 19-27
- Solanum lycopersicum var. lycopersicum; bolls; branches; cotton; crossing; flowering; fruiting; gibberellic acid; glyphosate; male fertility; parents; pistil; pollen; pollination; remediation; seed set; seeds; stigma; tomatoes; viability
- ... Glyphosate treatments to glyphosate-resistant (GR) cotton can cause increased fruit loss compared with untreated plants, likely due to reductions in pollen viability and alterations in floral morphology that may reduce pollination efficiency. This study was conducted to determine whether both stamen and pistil are affected by glyphosate treatments by measuring seed set from reciprocal reproductive ...