Jump to Main Content
- Huy Nguyen; Fabienne Lagarde; Guy Louarn; Philippe Daniel
- Talanta 2017 v.167 pp. 436-441
- Fagus; Populus; Quercus; ammonium chloride; creosote; cypermethrin; infrared spectroscopy; mixing; pentachlorophenol; pollutants; polychlorinated biphenyls; principal component analysis; waste wood; wood
- ... In this work, two sets of samples were considered: field samples collected from local waste wood and synthetic samples made by mixing clean wood (including oak, beech, poplar) with typical organic pollutants: creosote, polychlorinated byphenils (PCBs), pentachlorophenol (PCP), cypermethrin, dodecyl dimethyl ammonium chloride (DDAC). Vibrational spectroscopy techniques were tested to detect organic ...
- Lee, K.G.; Lee, S.E.; Takeoka, G.R.; Kim, J.H.; Park, B.S.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1580-1586
- Fagus; wood; creosote; volatile organic compounds; antioxidants; antioxidant activity; food additives; herbal medicines; medicinal properties
- ... Volatile constituents of beechwood creosote were determined using gas chromatography (GC) and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS). The major volatile constituents of creosote were 2-methoxyphenol (guaiacol; 25.2%) 2-methoxy-4-methylphenol (4-methylguaiacol; 21.4%), 3-methylphenol (m-cresol; 8.3%) 4-methylphenol (p-cresol; 7.9%) 2-methylphenol (o-cresol; 4.6%) and phenol (2.8%). The antiox ...