Jump to Main Content
- Yiqun Li; Xiaorui Song; Weilin Wang; Lingling Wang; Qilin Yi; Shuai Jiang; Zhihao Jia; Xinyu Du; Limei Qiu; Linsheng Song
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2017 v.71 pp. 59-69
- Crassostrea gigas; DNA replication; Vibrio splendidus; cytoplasm; hematopoiesis; hemocytes; immune response; oysters; pathogens; porosity; protein synthesis; seawater; stem cells; transcription (genetics); transcription factors
- ... Increasing evidences have demonstrated that the invertebrate gill is a predominant tissue participating in the immune response during pathogen challenge. In the present study, the hematopoiesis and immune activities in gill of Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas were investigated. Stem-like cells with big nuclei and thin cytoplasm were found in the tubules of gill filaments, where DNA synthesis is ac ...
- Simiao Yu; Xue Qiao; Xiaorui Song; Ying Yang; Dan Zhang; Wending Sun; Lingling Wang; Linsheng Song
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2022 v.122 pp. 306-315
- Crassostrea gigas; DNA replication; Vibrio splendidus; amino acid sequences; cytoplasm; fish; granulocytes; hematopoiesis; hemocytes; lipopolysaccharides; neonates; oysters; phylogeny; protein content; recombinant proteins; shellfish
- ... Proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) is a crucial eukaryotic replication accessory factor in the regulation of DNA synthesis, which is always used as a proliferation marker for haematopoiesis in vertebrates. In the present study, a homologue of PCNA (named as CgPCNA) with a conserved N-terminal PCNA domain and a C-terminal PCNA domain was identified from oyster Crassostrea gigas. The deduced ...