Jump to Main Content
- Fang Cao; Maria Tzortziou
- Science of the total environment 2021 v.777 pp. 145910
- Landsat; biogeochemistry; color; conservation areas; dissolved organic carbon; ecosystems; estuaries; exports; marshes; reflectance; regression analysis; river flow; seasonal variation; wind; Chesapeake Bay
- ... Estuarine and coastal wetlands are among the most productive, ecologically valuable, and economically important ecosystems on Earth. Through tidal inundation and lateral export, estuarine marshes exert a strong influence on the amount and quality of carbon and nutrients exchanged between the land and the ocean. Yet, current understanding of the role of these “blue carbon” ecosystems on estuarine o ...
- Chapman, Pippa J.; McDonald, Adrian T.; Tyson, Rosa; Palmer, Sheila M.; Mitchell, Gordon; Irvine, Brian
- Biogeochemistry 2010 v.101 no.1-3 pp. 281-294
- adsorption; biogeochemistry; color; dissolved organic carbon; hydrochemistry; mineral soils; pH; peat; rivers; runoff; silicon; soil horizons; statistical analysis; subwatersheds; sulfur; temporal variation; England
- ... This study compares the spatial and temporal variability of water colour for fifteen sub-catchments of the River Nidd, northeast England, in 1986 and 2006/2007. Between 1986 and 2006/2007, mean annual water colour increased in all the sub-catchments. However, there was considerable variation in the increase, which ranged from 22 to 155%. Statistical analysis revealed that the sub-catchments could ...