Jump to Main Content
- Bohland, C.; Balkenhohl, T.; Loers, G.; Feussner, I.; Grambow, H.J.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 679-685
- protein synthesis; dose response; chitosan; seedlings; jasmonic acid; linoleate 13S-lipoxygenase; Puccinia graminis; Triticum aestivum; leaves; plant pathogenic fungi; oligosaccharides; chitin; enzyme activity; isozymes; protein composition
- ... A glycopeptide elicitor prepared from germ tubes of the rust fungus Puccinia graminis Pers. f. sp. tritici Erikss. & Henn (Pgt),as well as chitin oligosaccharides, chitosan, and methyl jasmonate (MJ) stimulated lipoxygenase (LOX) activity (E.C. 22.214.171.124) in wheat (Triticum aestivum) leaves. Immunoblot analysis using anti-LOX antibodies revealed the induction of 92- and 103-kD LOX species after P ...
- B. Moerschbacher; B. Heck; K. H. Kogel; O. Obst; H. J. Reisener
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung 2014 v.41 no.9-10 pp. 839-844
- Puccinia graminis; biosynthesis; cinnamyl alcohol dehydrogenase; dose response; elicitors; extracellular space; germ tube; isogenic lines; isozymes; leaves; lignification; lignin; peroxidase; phenylalanine ammonia-lyase; plant pathogenic fungi; rust diseases; wheat
- ... The genuine biotic elicitor from germ tube walls of Puccinia graminis f. sp. tritici (Pgt-elicitor) induces lignification, preceded by an increase in phenylalanine ammonia-lyase (PAL) activity, when injected into the intercellular space of primary wheat leaves. This increase in PAL activity is accompanied by an increase in other enzyme activities of the general phenylpropanoid pathway and the spec ...