Jump to Main Content
- Géza B. Selmeczy; Lothar Krienitz; Peter Casper; Judit Padisák
- Hydrobiologia 2018 v.805 no.1 pp. 259-271
- Planktothrix rubescens; climate change; community structure; ecosystems; lakes; models; phytoplankton; Germany
- ... A number of modelling results suggested thermocline shifts as a consequence of global climate change in stratifying lakes. Abundance and composition of the phytoplankton assemblage is strongly affected by the stratification patterns, and therefore, change in the thermocline position might have a substantial effect on this community or even on the whole lake ecosystem. In this study, thermocline de ...
- Padisák, Judit; Hajnal, Éva; Krienitz, Lothar; Lakner, József; Üveges, Viktória
- Hydrobiologia 2010 v.653 no.1 pp. 45-64
- Planktothrix rubescens; biomass; ecosystem engineers; ecosystems; eutrophication; flora; immigration; lakes; phytoplankton; probabilistic models; time series analysis; Germany
- ... In this article, we attempt to estimate the contemporary phytoplankton species pool of a particular lake, by assessing the rate of floral change over a period of 15 years. Phytoplankton time series data from Lake Stechlin, an oligo-mesotrophic lake in the Baltic Lake District (Germany) were used. Of the 254 algal species recorded during the 15-year of studies with roughly biweekly sampling, 212 sp ...