Jump to Main Content
- Dominik Forster; Zhishuai Qu; Gianna Pitsch; Estelle P. Bruni; Barbara Kammerlander; Thomas Pröschold; Bettina Sonntag; Thomas Posch; Thorsten Stoeck
- Microorganisms 2021 v.9 no.3 pp. -
- Ciliophora; DNA barcoding; Planktothrix rubescens; climate; climate change; cold season; data collection; ecosystems; extinction; lakes; niches; phytoplankton; temperature profiles; warm season; water temperature
- ... Network analyses of biological communities allow for identifying potential consequences of climate change on the resilience of ecosystems and their robustness to resist stressors. Using DNA metabarcoding datasets from a three-year-sampling (73 samples), we constructed the protistan plankton co-occurrence network of Lake Zurich, a model lake ecosystem subjected to climate change. Despite several do ...
- Géza B. Selmeczy; Lothar Krienitz; Peter Casper; Judit Padisák
- Hydrobiologia 2018 v.805 no.1 pp. 259-271
- Planktothrix rubescens; climate change; community structure; ecosystems; lakes; models; phytoplankton; Germany
- ... A number of modelling results suggested thermocline shifts as a consequence of global climate change in stratifying lakes. Abundance and composition of the phytoplankton assemblage is strongly affected by the stratification patterns, and therefore, change in the thermocline position might have a substantial effect on this community or even on the whole lake ecosystem. In this study, thermocline de ...