Main content area
You searched for: Subject elderly Remove constraint Subject: elderly Subject term South East Asia Remove constraint Subject term: South East Asia Text Availability Citation in PubAg Remove constraint Text Availability: Citation in PubAg
3 Search Results
- Ranendra K. Majumdar; Deepayan Roy; Sandeep Bejjanki; Narayan Bhaskar
- Journal of ethnic foods 2016 v.3 no.4 pp. 276-283
- diet; elderly; fermentation; fermented fish; fish; food preservation; hills; natural resources; rain; solar drying; traditional foods; traditional technology; Himalayan region; India; South East Asia
- ... Like southeast Asian countries fermented fish is a well known strategy of food preservation in the northeast region of India. The northeastern region of India is known for its vast natural resources and a cauldron of different people and cultures, lie deep in the lap of easternmost Himalayan hills in northeastern part of India. Here the fermentation technology evolved by compulsion of people. Popu ...
- Hiroko Kobayashi; Ryo Suzuki; Kei Sato; Takatoshi Ogami; Hiroshi Tomozawa; Masahito Tsubata; Koji Ichinose; Masaki Aburada; Wataru Ochiai; Kiyoshi Sugiyama; Tsutomu Shimada
- Natural medicines 2018 v.72 no.1 pp. 136-144
- Kaempferia parviflora; anti-inflammatory activity; cartilage; chondrocytes; collagen; elderly; extracellular matrix; humans; mechanism of action; metalloproteinases; models; osteoarthritis; pain; patients; rats; therapeutics; South East Asia
- ... Knee osteoarthritis (OA) is becoming more prevalent worldwide due to increases in the numbers of elderly and obese patients. Currently, pharmaceutical medicines used for the treatment of OA are for symptomatic therapy and therefore new therapeutic agents are needed. Kaempferia parviflora (KP) is a plant growing naturally in Southeast Asia and has various pharmacological effects including an anti-i ...
- Logaraj Ramakreshnan; Nasrin Aghamohammadi; Chng Saun Fong; Awang Bulgiba; Rafdzah Ahmad Zaki; Li Ping Wong; Nik Meriam Sulaiman
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2018 v.25 no.3 pp. 2096-2111
- asthma; children; databases; elderly; emissions; epidemiological studies; human physiology; laboratory experimentation; mental health; models; morbidity; mortality; neoplasms; planning; pollutants; risk; systematic review; throat; time series analysis; toxicity; South East Asia
- ... Seasonal haze episodes and the associated inimical health impacts have become a regular crisis among the ASEAN countries. Even though many emerging experimental and epidemiological studies have documented the plausible health effects of the predominating toxic pollutants of haze, the consistency among the reported findings by these studies is poorly understood. By addressing such gap, this review ...