Jump to Main Content
- Holbrook, L.; Tung, P.; Ward, K.; Reid, D.M.; Abrams, S.; Lamb, N.; Quail, J.W.; Moloney, M.M.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 419-428
- Helianthus annuus; Brassica napus; measurement; chemical degradation; dose response; jasmonic acid; gene expression; Triticum aestivum; Nicotiana tabacum; esters; stereochemistry; enzyme activity; chemical structure; seed germination; transgenic plants; cotyledons; proteinase inhibitors; reporter genes; chemical constituents of plants; chlorophyll; beta-glucuronidase
- ... The importance of the two chiral centers at C-3 and C-7 in the molecular structure of jasmonic acid in plant responses was investigated. We separated methyl jasmonate (MeJA) into (3R)- and (3S)-isomers with a fixed stereochemistry at C-3, but epimerization at C-7 is possible. The four isomers of the nonepimerizable analog 7-methyl MeJA were synthesized. These six esters and their corresponding aci ...
- Yelena V. Lyubun; Ekaterina V. Pleshakova; Martin Mkandawire; Olga V. Turkovskaya
- Journal of hazardous materials 2013 v.262 pp. 685-690
- Brassica napus; Helianthus annuus; Lolium; Sorghum bicolor subsp. drummondii; arsenic; correlation; enzyme activity; field crops; nutrient uptake; peroxidase; phytoremediation; plant growth; pollutants; polluted soils; prediction; soil enzymes; soil quality
- ... Under the influence of pollutants, enzyme activities in plant–microbe–soil systems undergo changes of great importance in predicting soil–plant–microbe interactions, regulation of metal and nutrient uptake, and, ultimately, improvement of soil health and fertility. We evaluated the influence of As on soil enzyme activities and the effectiveness of five field crops for As phytoextraction. The initi ...