Jump to Main Content
- Anita Febrianti, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Agritech 2021 v.41 no.2 pp. 134-144
- Curcuma longa; Escherichia coli; antibacterial properties; antioxidants; carbohydrate content; curcumin; ethanol; ethyl acetate; hexane; inhibitory concentration 50; maceration; proximate composition; solvents; turmeric
- ... This study was aimed to identify the chemical characteristics of white and yellow turmeric powder, and to investigate the influence of both types with three different solvents on yield, total phenolic content, curcuminoid, antioxidant, and antibacterial activity of curcumin crude extract. The curcumin extraction was performed by maceration using N-hexane, ethyl acetate, and ethanol solvents. The r ...
- Anita Pandey, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Natural product research 2015 v.29 no.11 pp. 1074-1077
- Bergenia; anti-infective properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; ethyl acetate; flavonoids; leaf extracts; maceration; medicinal plants; metabolites; methanol; microorganisms; minimum inhibitory concentration; phytopharmaceuticals; solvents
- ... Phenolic and flavonoid contents in leaf extracts of Bergenia ligulata have been analysed for their contribution in antimicrobial and antioxidant activities. The extracts were prepared in three solvents (separately) following maceration and soxhelt methods. The antimicrobial activity was tested using disc diffusion assay against a range of microorganisms along with the determination of minimum inhi ...