Jump to Main Content
- Sami Awabdeh; Rawad Sweidan; Serge Yan Landau
- Small ruminant research 2022 pp. 106758
- Awassi; average daily gain; body weight; cold; color; feed conversion; growth performance; kidneys; longissimus muscle; meat; meat tenderness; pH; rain; research; roughage; silage; tail; wastewater irrigation; wheat straw; Jordan
- ... Providing at least 20% roughage straw is needed to achieve optimal final body weight and feed efficiency in Awassi lambs but the supply of straw has become unpredictable in Jordan, due to erratic rainfall patterns. In order to determine if wastewater-irrigated willow silage (WS) can replace wheat straw in fattening lambs' diets, Awassi lambs were randomly assigned to three high-concentrate diets t ...
- Gul, M.; Yoruk, M.A.; Macit, M.; Esenbuga, N.; Karaoglu, M.; Aksakal, V.; Aksu, M.I.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1439-1443
- lambs; males; lamb feeding; Awassi; Vicia sativa; seeds; plant source protein; liveweight gain; finishing; lamb meat; meat quality; color; carcass characteristics; pH; feed intake; feed conversion
- ... The experiment was carried out to evaluate the effect of common vetch seed (CVS), used at various levels (0, 15 and 25%), as a protein source in diets replacing different proportion of barley, wheat bran and soybean meal on fattening performance, carcass and meat quality characteristics of Awassi male lambs at approximately 8 months of age. The lambs were divided into three treatment groups, T1 (c ...