Jump to Main Content
- Nziguheba, G.; Tossah, B. K.; Diels, J.; Franke, A. C.; Aihou, K.; Iwuafor, E. N. O.; Nwoke, C.; Merckx, R.
- Plant and soil 2009 v.314 no.1-2 pp. 143-157
- Diagnosis and Recommendation Integrated System; Zea mays; calcium; corn; corn ears; crop production; fertilizer application; fertilizers; field experimentation; leaves; long term experiments; magnesium; nutrient deficiencies; nutrients; savannas; soil fertility; sulfur; zinc; Benin; Nigeria
- ... Low soil fertility is one of the main constraints to crop production in the West African savanna. However, the response of major cereals to fertilizer applications is often far below the potential yields. Low fertilizer efficiency, inadequacy of current fertilizer recommendations, and the ignorance of nutrients other than N, P, and K may limit crop production. Nutrient limitations to maize product ...
- A. M. O. Elwali; G. J. Gascho; M. E. Sumner
- Agronomy journal 1985 v.77 no.3 pp. 506-508
- plant nutrition; Zea mays; fertilizers; nutrient requirements; Diagnosis and Recommendation Integrated System; Georgia
- R. I. Pietz; J. R. Peterson; T. D. Hinesly; E. L. Ziegler; K. E. Redborg; C. Lue-Hing
- Journal of environmental quality 1982 v.11 no.4 pp. 685-689
- Diagnosis and Recommendation Integrated System; Zea mays; calcium; chemical composition; climatic factors; corn; fertilizers; grain yield; long term experiments; magnesium; mine tailings; nitrogen; nutrient balance; nutrient uptake; nutrients; phosphorus; plant nutrition; plant tissues; potassium; rooting; sewage sludge; soil; soil treatment; soil-plant interactions; soluble salts; stover; weather; zinc
- ... A long-term experiment using corn (Zea mays L.) was initiated in 1973 on calcareous strip-mine spoil to evaluate the effects of anaerobically digested sewage sludge on the spoil-crop system. Treatments consisted of a check (336-224-112 kg ha⁻¹ year⁻¹ N-P-K) and sewage sludge applications, weather permitting, at weekly rates of 0.64, 1.27, and 2.54 cm. In 5 years, 1973–1977, a total of 258 dry t ha ...