Jump to Main Content
- Milena Fermina Rosenfield; Sandra Cristina Müller
- Restoration ecology 2019 v.27 no.1 pp. 158-167
- carbon nitrogen ratio; detritivores; ecosystems; functional diversity; natural regeneration; soil; species richness; trees; tropical forests; vegetation structure; Brazil
- ... Restoration projects may have broad and complex ecological goals that require distinct and integrative measures for evaluating restoration development and success. However, most studies usually evaluate structural and species composition parameters, with less emphasis on ecological processes and functioning. The main objective of this study is to use an integrated approach that considers structura ...
- Simone Kuster Mitre; Silvia Fernanda Mardegan; Cecilio Frois Caldeira; Silvio Junio Ramos; Antonio Eduardo Furtini Neto; Jose Oswaldo Siqueira; Markus Gastauer
- Plant ecology 2018 v.219 no.11 pp. 1341-1353
- Vellozia; carbon; carbon nitrogen ratio; drought; ecosystems; functional diversity; nitrogen; nutrient availability; nutrient content; savannas; shrublands; soil; species diversity; stable isotopes; tropical forests; water shortages; woodlands; Amazonia; Brazil
- ... Ferriferous savannas, also known as cangas in Brazil, are nutrient-impoverished ecosystems adapted to seasonal droughts. These ecosystems support distinctive vegetation physiognomies and high plant diversity, although little is known about how nutrient and water availability shape these ecosystems. Our study was carried out in the cangas from Carajás, eastern Amazonia, Brazil. To investigate the N ...