Jump to Main Content
- Iacomini, M., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Phytochemistry 2008 v.69 no.15 pp. 2731-2736
- anti-inflammatory activity; galactans; Pleurotus pulmonarius; muscle contraction; monosaccharides; methylation; smooth muscle; human health; mice; mushrooms; chemical structure; analgesic effect
- ... A polysaccharide (M(w) 2.39 x 10⁴ g/mol) was extracted with cold water from the basidiomycete Pleurotus pulmonarius, and its antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory properties were evaluated. It was a mannogalactan (MG), whose structure was characterized using mono- and two-dimensional NMR spectroscopy, methylation analysis, and a controlled Smith degradation. It had a main chain of (1 to 6)-linked ...
- Iacomini, M., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Food chemistry 2008 v.111 no.3 pp. 531-537
- acetic acid; anti-inflammatory activity; galactans; dose response; Lentinula edodes; mushrooms; chemical structure; analgesic effect
- ... Cold aqueous extraction of basidiocarps (fruiting bodies) of the edible mushroom Lentinus edodes (shiitake) gave rise to a heteropolysaccharide, whose chemical structure, antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory properties were determined. Its chemical structure was based on monosaccharide composition, methylation analysis, and NMR spectroscopy (¹H, ¹³C, HSQC, HSQC-TOCSY, HSQC-NOESY, and coupled HMQC ...