Jump to Main Content
- Viktória Bőhm; Dávid Fekete; Gábor Balázs; László Gáspár; Noémi Kappel
- Acta biologica Hungarica 2017 v.68 no.4 pp. 412-427
- Cucurbita maxima; Cucurbita moschata; Lagenaria siceraria; grafting (plants); irrigation; leaf area; leaves; photosynthesis; phytomass; rootstocks; salinity; salt stress; salt tolerance; seedlings; sodium; sodium chloride; squashes; stress tolerance; transpiration; watermelons
- ... In order to evaluate the salinity tolerance of grafted watermelon, two sets of experiments were conducted in a growing chamber where ‘Esmeralda’ varieties were grafted onto interspecific squash (Cucurbita maxima Duch. × Cucurbita moschata Duch.) and Lagenaria siceraria rootstocks. Both non-grafted and self-garfted plants were used for control. For salt stress, 2.85 and 4.28 mM/l substrate doses of ...
- B. Duman; Y. Tuzel; G. B. Oztekin; I. H. Tuzel
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1170 pp. 651-658
- Cucurbita maxima; biomass; cucumbers; experimental design; grafting (plants); greenhouses; hybrids; irrigation; nutrient solutions; plant growth; polyethylene; rootstocks; solar radiation; spring; water use efficiency
- ... This research was conducted in a polyethylene greenhouse during spring season of 2010 to determine the effects of different irrigation programs on biomass, yield-and water use efficiency of cucumber plants grafted on different commercial rootstocks. Four interspecific hybrids of Cucurbita maxima Duch. × C. moschata Duch. (RS841, Nunhems 9075, Maximus and TZ148) and one Lageneria siceraria (Macis) ...