Jump to Main Content
- M. Beccaglia; S. Alonge; C. Trovo’; G. C. Luvoni
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2016 v.51 Suppl S1 no. pp. 12-17
- bitches; breeding; cats; heart rate; medicine; neonates; ovulation; parturition; pets; prediction; pregnancy; radiography; radiology; small animal practice; surgery; ultrasonography; England
- ... Accurate prediction of delivery date in canine and feline allows a better management of parturition, reducing the loss of neonates. This review evaluates the most common methods adopted to accurately predict the day of delivery: determination of ovulation and hormonal assays, first appearance of embryonic/foetal structures using ultrasound or radiography, echographic measurement of extra‐foetal an ...
- Viviane Yukari Hibaru; Keylla Helena Nobre Pacífico Pereira; Kárita da Mata Fuchs; Maria Denise Lopes; Angélica Alfonso; Fabiana Ferreira de Souza; Simone Biagio Chiacchio; Miriam Harumi Tsunemi; Luiz Henrique de Araújo Machado; Maria Lucia Gomes Lourenço
- Journal of feline medicine and surgery 2022 v.24 no.6 pp. e34
- blood glucose; cesarean section; heart rate; kittens; medicine; mortality; neonates; oxygen; risk; temperature
- ... The aim of this study was to perform neonatal clinical assessments at birth to identify newborn kittens at risk according to type of delivery, thus allowing immediate intervention and increasing their chances of survival. This study compared Apgar scores, reflexes and clinical parameters (temperature, weight, blood glucose and peripheral oxygen saturation [SpO2]) between eutocic neonates and those ...