Jump to Main Content
- Noa Meron; Vered Blass; Greg Thoma
- international journal of life cycle assessment 2020 v.25 no.6 pp. 1133-1144
- West Bank, etc ; brackish water; case studies; climate; data collection; desalination; ecotoxicology; electricity; energy; environmental impact; freshwater; fuels; groundwater; infrastructure; life cycle inventory; reverse osmosis; seawater; supply chain; surface water; tap water; transportation; water supply; water treatment; Israel; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... PURPOSE: Our aim is to assess the environmental impacts associated with the provision of tap water in Israel and adjacent regions. The main objective of this paper is to present the life cycle assessment (LCA) of the Israeli water supply system in order to evaluate and understand the sources of the largest impacts in the system and derive conclusions related to countries and regions with similar c ...
- Itay Fischhendler; David Katz; Eran Feitelson
- Hydrological sciences journal 2016 v.61 no.7 pp. 1358-1369
- West Bank, etc ; at-risk population; case studies; environmental hazards; infrastructure; wastewater; wastewater treatment; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... The literature on environmental security often stresses the complementarity between sustainability and broader security goals. Less emphasis has been placed on possible trade-offs between security objectives and aspects of sustainability. This study examines the conditions under which these synergies and trade-offs are likely to occur, and how the trade-offs can be reconciled, especially during ti ...