Jump to Main Content
- Jerry C. Ritchie; James A. Spraberry; J. Roger McHenry
- Soil Science Society of America journal 1974 v.38 no.1 pp. 137-139
- Universal Soil Loss Equation; cesium radioisotopes; losses from soil; nutrients; soil; soil erosion; watersheds; Mississippi; Mississippi River
- ... The movement of fallout ¹³⁷Cs from soils in three north Mississippi watersheds was found to be logarithmically (r = 0.89) related to potential soil loss as calculated by the Universal Soil Loss Equation. Analysis of other published data on ¹³⁷Cs as well as the north Mississippi data also showed a significant (r = 0.95) logarithmic relation existing between soil loss and ¹³⁷Cs loss from soils. This ...
- Yuan, Y.; Bingner, R.L.; Rebich, R.A.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2001 v.44 no.5 pp. 1183-1190
- watersheds; crop production; crop management; cover crops; winter; pollution control; water pollution; erosion control; water erosion; sediment yield; simulation models; agricultural land; losses from soil; runoff; prediction; best management practices; nonpoint source pollution; Mississippi
- ... Sediment and its associated pollutants entering a water body can be very destructive to the health of that system. Best Management Practices (BMPs) can be used to reduce these pollutants, but understanding the most effective practices is very difficult. Watershed models are the most cost-effective tools to aid in the decision-making process of selecting the BMP that is most effective in reducing t ...
- Curtis, James L.; Kingery, William L.; Cox, Michael S.; Liu, Zhijun
- Communications in soil science and plant analysis 2010 v.41 no.16-19 pp. 2057-2074
- phosphorus; poultry manure; spatial variation; application rate; runoff; fertilizer application; losses from soil; grassland soils; soil chemical properties; soil nutrient dynamics; soil physical properties; soil nutrients; leaching; water quality; sediments; long term experiments; watersheds; Mississippi
- ... The objective of this research is to investigate the effects of long-term broiler litter application on soil phosphorus (P) and water quality and examine the spatial variations of soil P at a private poultry farm in Mississippi. Results indicated that the littered soil had 86 times more Mehlich III-extractable P in the surface horizon compared to the nonlittered soil. When compared to the runoff f ...