Jump to Main Content
- Fukai, S.; Kanechika, R.; Hasegawa, A.
- Scientia horticulturae 2006 v.111 no.1 pp. 97-100
- ornamental plants; endangered species; flowering; wild plants; Arisaema sikokianum; air temperature; dormancy breaking; corms; in vitro regeneration; vernalization; cold
- Han, Chun-Yan; Welbaum, Gregory; Long, Chun-Lin
- Scientia horticulturae 2010 v.124 no.1 pp. 83-87
- Michelia; ornamental plants; seed dormancy; dormancy breaking; seed germination; seed stratification; seed priming; cold; temperature; indigenous species; water treatment; nitrates; gibberellic acid; dose response; seedling growth; China
- ... Michelia yunnanensis Franch. is a Chinese endemic ornamental shrub with potential for greater utilization as a landscape and medicinal plant if propagation was less difficult. Seed development and breaking of seed dormancy were investigated to improve propagation of M. yunnanensis. No fresh seeds germinated when tested at the time of dispersal. Newly matured seeds of M. yunnanensis contained diffe ...