Jump to Main Content
- Asensio, D.; Peñuelas, J.; Prieto, P.; Estiarte, M.; Filella, I.; Llusià, J.
- European journal of soil science 2008 v.59 no.5 pp. 878-891
- acetaldehyde; acetates; acetic acid; acetone; drought; emissions; foliar uptake; inventories; methanol; monoterpenoids; phenology; roots; seasonal variation; shrublands; soil ecology; soil temperature; soil water; volatile organic compounds
- ... Information about soil VOC inventories and exchange rates in different soils is very scarce. Seasonality of soil VOC exchange rates is also largely unknown, despite the increasing interest in some soil volatile compounds, such as monoterpenes, because of their important role in soil ecology. We aimed to explore and quantify soil VOC exchange rates in a Mediterranean shrubland and their seasonality ...
- Zhaobin Mu; Dolores Asensio; Joan Llusià; Iolanda Filella; Romà Ogaya; Zhigang Yi; Josep Peñuelas
- Geoderma 2022 v.405 pp. 115401
- Quercus ilex; acetaldehyde; acetic acid; atmospheric chemistry; carbon dioxide; climate change; ecosystems; enzyme activity; ethanol; forests; formaldehyde; methanol; microbial activity; monoterpenoids; photosynthesis; shrublands; soil ecology; soil enzymes; soil temperature; soil water content; spring; volatile organic compounds; water content; winter
- ... Soil biogenic volatile organic compounds (VOCs) play an important role in soil ecology and function and may affect atmospheric chemistry. While previous studies of soil VOCs have predominantly measured surface flux exchange rates, VOC concentrations within the surface soil layer are largely unknown, especially in Mediterranean ecosystems. In this study, we measured seasonal and annual concentratio ...