Jump to Main Content
- Isak J. Csargo; Michael L. Brown; Matthew J. Ward
- Journal of applied aquaculture 2013 v.25 no.1 pp. 24-34
- Micropterus salmoides; condition factor; correlation; feeds; fingerlings; food availability; photoperiod; protein composition; protein energy ratio; starter cultures; starter diets; stocking rate; tanks; water temperature; weaning
- ... We compared performance (growth, survival, and condition) of northern largemouth bass Micropterus salmoides salmoides fingerlings fed one of three commercial starter feeds: Otohime Marine Weaning (OMW; Marubeni Nisshin Feed), Bio-Oregon BiVita Fry (BVF; Bio-Oregon), and Purina Aquamax Starter (PAS; PMI Nutrition International LLC). Nine 833-L circular tanks, connected in parallel to a recirculatio ...
- YUAN, Y.C.; GONG, S.Y.; LUO, Z.; YANG, H.J.; ZHANG, G.B.; CHU, Z.J.
- Aquaculture nutrition 2010 v.16 no.2 pp. 205-212
- Myxocyprinus asiaticus; body composition; condition factor; correlation; dietary fat; dietary protein; energy; feed conversion; fish; freshwater; glass fibers; hepatosomatic index; juveniles; lipid content; liver; muscles; protein efficiency ratio; protein energy ratio; tanks; water content
- ... A growth experiment was conducted to investigate effect of dietary protein to energy ratios on growth and body composition of juvenile Myxocyprinus asiaticus (initial mean weight: 10.04 ± 0.53 g, mean ± SD). Nine practical diets were formulated to contain three protein levels (340, 390 and 440 g kg⁻¹), each with three lipid levels (60, 100 and 140 g kg⁻¹), in order to produce a range of P/E ratios ...