Jump to Main Content
- Amna,; Xia, Ye; Farooq, Muhammad Asad; Javed, Muhammad Tariq; Kamran, Muhammad Aqeel; Mukhtar, Tehmeena; Ali, Javed; Tabassum, Tauseef; Rehman, Shafiq ur; Hussain Munis, Muhammad Farooq; Sultan, Tariq; Chaudhary, Hassan Javed
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2020 v.151 pp. 640-649
- food security, etc ; 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate deaminase; Fusarium oxysporum; Fusarium verticillioides; Glomerella tucumanensis; Macrophomina phaseolina; Pythium splendens; Saccharum officinarum; Thanatephorus cucumeris; antibiotic resistance; antibiotics; antioxidant enzymes; biological control; biological control agents; biotic stress; crop production; developmental stages; disease resistance; drought; drought tolerance; fungi; genes; greenhouse experimentation; greenhouses; heat stress; heat tolerance; heavy metals; hydrogen cyanide; in vivo studies; metal tolerance; plant growth; plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria; plant pathogens; proline; rhizosphere; salinity; salt stress; salt tolerance; stress tolerance; sugarcane; systemic acquired resistance; toxicity; water stress; Show all 43 Subjects
- ... Sustainability in crop production has emerged as one of the most important concerns of present era's agricultural systems. Plant growth promoting bacteria (PGPB) has been characterized as a set of microorganisms used for enhancing plant growth and a tool for biological control of phytopathogens. However, the inconsistent performance of these bacteria from laboratory/greenhouse to field level has e ...
- Ojuederie, Omena Bernard; Olanrewaju, Oluwaseyi Samuel; Babalola, Olubukola Oluranti
- Agronomy 2019 v.9 no.11
- food security, etc ; 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate deaminase; 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid; agricultural productivity; arid zones; biofertilizers; biotechnology; carbon dioxide; climate change; crops; drought; drought tolerance; ethylene; exopolysaccharides; nutrient uptake; oxidative stress; photosynthesis; plant growth; plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria; reactive oxygen species; soil; sustainable agriculture; water stress; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Abiotic stresses arising from climate change negates crop growth and yield, leading to food insecurity. Drought causes oxidative stress on plants, arising from excessive production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) due to inadequate CO2, which disrupts the photosynthetic machinery of plants. The use of conventional methods for the development of drought-tolerant crops is time-consuming, ...