Jump to Main Content
- Michiels, Annelies; Arsenakis, Ioannis; Matthijs, Anneleen; Boyen, Filip; Haesaert, Geert; Audenaert, Kris; Eeckhout, Mia; Croubels, Siska; Haesebrouck, Freddy; Maes, Dominiek
- BMC veterinary research 2018 v.14 no.1 pp. 190
- piglets, etc ; 15-acetyldeoxynivalenol; 3-acetyldeoxynivalenol; DNA; Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae; climate; deoxynivalenol; euthanasia; experimental diets; feed contamination; grains; histopathology; immune response; lungs; pathogenesis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; respiratory tract diseases; veterinary medicine; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The mycotoxin deoxynivalenol (DON) is highly prevalent in cereals in moderate climates and therefore pigs are often exposed to a DON-contaminated diet. Pigs are highly susceptible to DON and intake of DON-contaminated feed may lead to an altered immune response and may influence the pathogenesis of specific bacterial diseases. Therefore, the maximum guidance level in feed is lowest in ...
- PubMed Central:
- Jin, Linghong; Wang, Wei; Degroote, Jeroen; Van Noten, Noémie; Yan, Honglin; Majdeddin, Maryam; Van Poucke, Mario; Peelman, Luc; Goderis, Anne; Van De Mierop, Kurt; Mombaerts, Ronny; De Smet, Stefaan; Michiels, Joris
- Journal of animal science and biotechnology 2017 v.8 no.1 pp. 80
- piglets, etc ; 15-acetyldeoxynivalenol; 3-acetyldeoxynivalenol; Fusarium; Toll-like receptor 4; alkaline phosphatase; animal health; average daily gain; bentonite; cell walls; cytokines; deoxynivalenol; diet; feed intake; gene expression; growth performance; intestinal mucosa; messenger RNA; organic acids and salts; permeability; pharmacokinetics; small cereal grains; tight junctions; toxicity; weaning; yeasts; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Deoxynivalenol (DON) is a mycotoxin produced by Fusarium species in the field, commonly found in cereal grains, which negatively affects performances and health of animals. Mycotoxin binders are supposed to reduce the toxicity of mycotoxins. METHOD: The effect of a mycotoxin binder (containing acid-activated bentonite, clinoptilolite, yeast cell walls and organic acids) on growth perfo ...