Jump to Main Content
- Fouad Menaceur; Ahmed Benchabane; Mohamed Hazzit; Aoumeur Baaliouamer
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2013 v.3 no.1 pp. 87-96
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Juniperus phoenicea; alpha-pinene; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; butylated hydroxytoluene; chemical composition; essential oils; ethanol; gallic acid; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hydrodistillation; leaves; microwave treatment; quercetin; small fruits; solvents
- ... Essential oils of Algerian Juniperus phoenicea L. obtained from leaves and berries by hydrodistillation (HD) and from berries by Solvent Free Microwave Assisted Extraction (SFMAE) were investigated using both capillary GC and GC-MS techniques. The monoterpene hydrocarbons constituted the most prominent group of constituents (43.2-86.5 %) in the three essential oils with α-pinene (34.4-80.8 %) as t ...
- Henda Keskes; Sahla Belhadj; Lobna Jlail; Abdelfattah El Feki; Mohamed Damak; Sami Sayadi; Noureddine Allouche
- Pharmaceutical biology 2017 v.55 no.1 pp. 88-95
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Juniperus phoenicea; alpha-amylase; antioxidant activity; butylated hydroxytoluene; chemical composition; dimethyl sulfoxide; enzyme inhibition; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hexane; high performance liquid chromatography; in vitro studies; inhibitory concentration 50; leaves; methanol; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; quercetin; tandem mass spectrometry; volatile compounds; Northern Africa
- ... Context: Despite some studies related to Juniperus phoenicea L. (Cupressaceae), phytochemical and biological investigations of this plant remain unexplored. Objective: This work is the first report dealing with the identification and characterization of volatile components and flavonoids in hexane and methanol extracts from J. phoenicea leaves Materials and methods: Antioxidant activity of hexane, ...
- PubMed Central: