Jump to Main Content
- Ebru Demirel Sezer; Latife Merve Oktay; Elif Karadadaş; Hikmet Memmedov; Nur Selvi Gunel; Eser Sözmen
- Journal of medicinal food 2019 v.22 no.11 pp. 1118-1126
- 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid; Vaccinium myrtillus; antineoplastic activity; antineoplastic agents; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; apoptosis; blueberries; cytotoxicity; diet; flow cytometry; fruit extracts; kaempferol; liquid chromatography; neoplasms; oxidants; oxidative stress; polyphenols; protein composition; protein microarrays; proteins; quercetin; tandem mass spectrometry; therapeutics
- ... In recent years, natural products gained popularity with their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects mediated by chemical compounds within their composition. Study results offering them as palliative therapy options in cancer or as anticancer agents with high levels of cytotoxicity brought a new approach to combine cancer treatment protocols with these products. From a different perspective, e ...
- Cairui Lu; Cong Li; Bang Chen; Yehua Shen
- Food chemistry 2018 v.265 pp. 111-119
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid; Aspergillus niger; Bacillus cereus; Bacillus subtilis; Escherichia coli; Prunus; Staphylococcus aureus; antibacterial properties; antineoplastic activity; antineoplastic agents; antioxidant activity; apigenin; apoptosis; ascorbic acid; cell proliferation; cell viability; cyanidin; free radicals; gallic acid; human cell lines; hydrogen peroxide; iron; kaempferol; keracyanin; naringenin; polyphenols; quercetin; quercitrin; seed coat; superoxide anion; viability assays
- ... This study aims at identifying the composition of polyphenols present in Amygdalus pedunculata Pall seed coat (APSC), and characterizing their antioxidant, antibacterial, and anticancer activities. The polyphenols from APSC were composed of 32 compounds. The compounds with important biological activities included apigenin 7-O-glucoside (the main component; 34.53 mg/100 g), quercitrin (23.43 mg/100 ...