Jump to Main Content
- Derero, Abayneh; Kitaw, Getu
- Agriculture & food security 2018 v.7 no.1 pp. 68
- food security, etc ; Acacia tortilis; Berchemia; Cordia; Tamarindus indica; Vachellia nilotica; Ziziphus spina-christi; acid detergent fiber; agropastoralism; analysis of variance; descriptive statistics; digestibility; domestication; energy; hemicellulose; iron; leaves; lignin; manganese; mineral content; minerals; neutral detergent fiber; nutritive value; organic matter; shrubs; trees; zinc; Ethiopia; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Indigenous tree and shrub species are critical feed resources for the pastoralist and agro-pastoralist areas in Ethiopia. Nutritional and mineral composition of seven high priority leguminous indigenous tree species, (Acacia nilotica, Acacia tortilis and Tamarindus indica) and non-leguminous species (Berchemia discolour, Cordia sinensis, Dobera glabra and Ziziphus spina-christi) were c ...
- Endale, Yemenzwork; Derero, Abayneh; Argaw, Mekuria; Muthuri, Catherine
- Forests, trees and livelihoods 2017 v.26 no.3 pp. 199-214
- food security, etc ; trees; natural regeneration; land use; biodiversity conservation; correlation; land ownership; tree and stand measurements; planting; farming systems; climate change; sustainable land management; species diversity; Senegalia senegal; households; Eucalyptus camaldulensis; cropland; surveys; stand basal area; Acacia tortilis; Ethiopia; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Information on tree species occurring in farming systems in semi-arid agroecologies is critical for sustainable land management, biodiversity conservation and informing food security interventions. The aim of the study was to characterize the species composition, diversity, structure and spatial distribution patterns of trees in the semi-arid East Shewa Zone of Oromia, Ethiopia. A survey of 172 la ...