Jump to Main Content
- Dickson, Brett G.; Sisk, Thomas D.; Sesnie, Steven E.; Reynolds, Richard T.; Rosenstock, Steven S.; Vojta, Christina D.; Ingraldi, Michael F.; Rundall, Jill M.
- Landscape ecology 2014 v.29 no.5 pp. 803-815
- land management, etc ; Accipiter gentilis; birds of prey; databases; forest inventory; forest management; forests; habitat conservation; habitats; image analysis; landscape management; managers; models; nesting sites; public lands; regression analysis; trees; Arizona; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Conservation planners and land managers are often confronted with scale-associated challenges when assessing the relationship between land management objectives and species conservation. Conservation of individual species typically involves site-level analyses of habitat, whereas land management focuses on larger spatial extents. New models are needed to more explicitly integrate species-specific ...
- Beaudry, Frederic; Pidgeon, Anna M.; Radeloff, Volker C.; Howe, Robert W.; Mladenoff, David J.; Bartelt, Gerald A.
- Biological conservation 2010 v.143 no.7 pp. 1759-1769
- land management, etc ; Accipiter gentilis; birds; conservation areas; forest habitats; forests; guidelines; managers; model validation; models; natural history; planning; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Conservation planning at broad spatial scales facilitates coherence between local land management and objectives set at the state or provincial level. Habitat suitability models are commonly used to identify key areas for conservation planning. The challenge is that habitat suitability models are data hungry, which limits their applicability to species for which detailed information exists, but ma ...