Jump to Main Content
- Anderson, Eric C.; Ng, Thomas C.; Crandall, Eric D.; Garza, John Carlos
- Conservation genetics 2017 v.18 no.5 pp. 1119-1130
- genetic analysis, etc ; Acipenser medirostris; Endangered Species Act of 1973; bycatch; computer software; fish; fluorescence; genotype; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; single nucleotide polymorphism; tetraploidy; United States; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Polyploid organisms pose substantial obstacles to genetic analysis, as molecular assay data are usually difficult to evaluate in a Mendelian framework. Green sturgeon (Acipenser medirostris) is a tetraploid species and is facing significant conservation challenges, including bycatch in ocean fisheries. We present here novel molecular genetic assays and analytical methodology for green sturgeon tha ...
- Moser, M. L.; Israel, J. A.; Neuman, M.; Lindley, S. T.; Erickson, D. L.; McCovey, B. W., Jr; Klimley, A. P.
- Journal of applied ichthyology 2016 v.32 Suppl S1 pp. 67-86
- genetic analysis, etc ; Acipenser medirostris; acoustics; adults; bycatch; coastal water; coasts; dredging; egg incubation; energy; estuaries; habitats; juveniles; larvae; larval development; life history; marine mammals; mortality; population size; predation; rivers; spawning; sturgeon; summer; telemetry; temperature; North America; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Green Sturgeon (GRS) Acipenser medirostris is one of the most marine‐oriented of all sturgeons. It primarily spawns in the Sacramento, Klamath, and Rogue Rivers, yet lives most of its life in estuarine and coastal waters along the West Coast of North America. Spawning is only known to occur in the Rogue, Klamath and Sacramento rivers and optimal temperatures for egg incubation and larval growth ar ...