Jump to Main Content
- Bach, Elizabeth M.; Williams, Ryan J.; Hargreaves, Sarah K.; Yang, Fan; Hofmockel, Kirsten S.
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2018 v.118 pp. 217-226
- land management, etc ; Acidimicrobiales; Actinomycetales; Burkholderiales; Chaetosphaeriales; Fimbriimonadales; Gemmatimonadales; Glomeromycota; Onygenales; Planctomycetales; Rhodobacterales; Sphingobacteriales; Syntrophobacterales; bacteria; community structure; indicator species; management systems; microaggregates; microbial communities; microhabitats; mycorrhizal fungi; plant communities; Iowa; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Microbial interactions occur in habitats much smaller than those generally captured in homogenized soil cores sampled across a plot or field. This study uses soil aggregates to examine soil microbial community composition and structure of both bacteria and fungi at a microbially-relevant scale. Aggregates were isolated from three land management systems in central Iowa, USA to test if aggregate-le ...
- Douterelo, Isabel; Goulder, Raymond; Lillie, Malcolm
- International biodeterioration & biodegradation 2011 v.65 no.3 pp. 435-443
- land management, etc ; Actinomycetales; DNA; alpha-Proteobacteria; beta-glucosidase; biodegradation; community structure; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; enzyme activity; leucyl aminopeptidase; monitoring; organic matter; pH; polymerase chain reaction; population; ribosomal RNA; soil bacteria; soil profiles; soil structure; water table; wetland soils; England; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... To extend our previous research on preservation in situ of organic archaeological remains in wetland soils, physicochemical variables and extracellular enzyme activities (β-d-glucosidase, phosphatase, and leucine aminopeptidase) were measured in two archaeological wetland soils in northern England, from the soil surface down to 100 cm during two years. These two locations, with a proven potential ...