Jump to Main Content
- Al-Juhaimi, FahadY.; Babtain, Ibrahim A.; Mohamed Ahmed, Isam A.; Alsawmahi, Omer N.; Ghafoor, Kashif; Adiamo, Oladipupo Q.; Babiker, Elfadil E.
- Meat science 2020 v.162 pp. 108044
- Adansonia digitata; antimicrobial properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bacteria; beef; chemical composition; lipids; oxidative stability; patties; phenolic compounds; seed extracts; sensory evaluation; sensory properties; shelf life; storage temperature
- ... The present study was conducted to evaluate the oxidative stability and the physicochemical, microbiological, and sensory properties of beef patties formulated with different concentrations (1%, 2%, and 3%) of baobab seed extract (BSE) during storage at 4 °C. The BSE contained a considerable number of phenolic compounds and exhibited antioxidant and antimicrobial activities (both on gram-positive ...
- Tshikalange, Thilivhali Emmanuel; Modishane, Darky Cheron; Tabit, Frederick Tawi
- Journal of herbs, spices & medicinal plants 2017 v.23 no.1 pp. 68-76
- Adansonia digitata; Bacillus cereus; Klebsiella pneumoniae; Prevotella intermedia; Salmonella Typhi; Streptococcus pyogenes; antimicrobial properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; cytotoxicity; edible fruits; food plants; fruit pulp; functional foods; humans; medicinal plants; methanol; microorganisms
- ... The fruit pulp extracts of 12 wild edible fruits were investigated for their antimicrobial, antioxidant, and cytotoxic properties. Methanol extracts of the pulps were tested against five microorganisms (Salmonella typhi, Streptococcus pyogenes, Bacillus cereus, Klebsiella pneumonia , and Prevotella intermedia). The fruit pulp extracts of the wild edible plants exhibited different degrees of antimi ...