Jump to Main Content
- Legros, Mathieu, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of insect physiology 2012 v.58 no.12 pp. 1597-1608
- Aedes aegypti; biomass; climate; dengue; ecophysiology; energy; environmental factors; field experimentation; finishing; human behavior; insect vectors; laboratory experimentation; life history; models; mortality; population dynamics; prediction; risk; starvation; temperature; urban population
- ... Physiological processes mediate the impact of ecological conditions on the life histories of insect vectors. For the dengue/chikungunya mosquito, Aedes aegypti, three life history traits that are critical to urban population dynamics and control are: size, development rate and starvation mortality. In this paper we make use of prior laboratory experiments on each of these traits at 2°C intervals b ...
- Legros, Mathieu, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of medical entomology 2009 v.46 no.3 pp. 409-419
- Aedes aegypti; larvae; intraspecific competition; population density; mathematical models
- ... Density-dependent intraspecific competition has been considered an important determinant of the dynamics of larval stages of Aedes aegypti. A model was published in 1984 providing a mathematical description of this density dependence, based on field data, that has since been widely used. This description, however, is based on the strong assumption that all mortality is density-dependent. We re-exa ...
- PubMed Central: