Jump to Main Content
- Sakakibara, Hitoshi, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Phytochemistry 2009 v.70 no.4 pp. 444-449
- cytokinins; biochemical pathways; Agrobacterium tumefaciens; Arabidopsis thaliana; Oryza sativa; alkyl (aryl) transferases; protein structure; cytochrome P-450; amino acid sequences
- ... Cytokinins (CKs) are a group of phytohormones that play a crucial role in the regulation of plant growth and development. Identification of the enzymes and the corresponding genes that are involved in CK metabolism allowed us to understand how plants synthesize CKs and adjust CK activity to optimal levels. A major accomplishment toward these goals was the identification of genes for the first enzy ...
- Sakakibara, Hitoshi, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2008 v.105 no.7 pp. 2734-2739
- Agrobacterium tumefaciens; acyltransferases; crystal structure; site-directed mutagenesis
- ... The phytohormone cytokinin regulates plant growth and development. This hormone is also synthesized by some phytopathogenic bacteria, such as Agrobacterium tumefaciens, and is as a key factor in the formation of plant tumors. The rate-limiting step of cytokinin biosynthesis is catalyzed by adenosine phosphate-isopentenyltransferase (IPT). Agrobacterium IPT has a unique substrate specificity that e ...
- PubMed Central: