Jump to Main Content
- Nascimento, Eduardo; Reis, Filipa; Chichorro, Filipe; Canhoto, Cristina; Gonçalves, Ana Lúcia; Simões, Sara; Sousa, José Paulo; Martins da Silva, Pedro
- Pedobiologia 2019 v.75 pp. 38-51
- land management, etc ; Agrostis; Collembola; Quercus suber; agroecosystems; agroforestry; body size; farms; functional diversity; fungal biomass; habitats; lignin; nutrient content; nutritive value; phenolic compounds; plant litter; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Plant litter decomposition depends on the nutrient content and the amount of recalcitrant materials such as lignin and phenolic compounds. These traits are inherent to the plant species providing the litter. In agro-ecosystems, the type of land management may also shape litter traits and then influence the litter decomposition process. However, the effects of management practice/intensity on litte ...
- CADBURY, C.J.
- Botanical journal of the Linnean Society 1976 v.73 no.1/3 pp. 285-294
- land management, etc ; Agrostis; Calluna vulgaris; Cirsium; Deschampsia flexuosa; Digitalis purpurea; Epilobium; Glyceria; Holcus mollis; Juncus effusus; Poa; Pteridium aquilinum; Rumex acetosella; Ulex; Urtica dioica; asulam; canopy; conservation areas; farms; ferns and fern allies; flora; grasses; habitats; heathlands; highlands; pastures; perennials; spraying; woodlands; woody plants; Show all 30 Subjects
- ... In addition to bracken, Pteridium aquilinum, and other ferns, only a restricted range of species among the natural flora suffer severe damage if sprayed with asulam in late summer. Of the plants associated with bracken in relatively well-drained situations those affected most by the herbicide include the three Ulex species, Rumex acetosella, young plants of Calluna vulgaris, some Compositae and gr ...