Jump to Main Content
- Rice, Pamela J.; Horgan, Brian P.; Rittenhouse, Jennifer L.
- Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 2010 v.29 no.6 pp. 1215
- agricultural runoff, etc ; 2,4-D; Agrostis stolonifera var. palustris; adverse effects; aquatic organisms; chlorpyrifos; dicamba; dimethylamine; environmental fate; flutolanil; lawns and turf; lethal concentration 50; pest control; pesticide persistence; plant cultural practices; pollution; risk; risk reduction; surface water; turf grasses; watersheds; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Pesticides associated with the turfgrass industry have been detected in storm runoff and surface waters of urban watersheds; invoking concern of their potential environmental effects and a desire to reduce their transport to non-target locations. Quantities of chlorpyrifos, dicamba, dimethylamine salt of 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4-D), flutolanil, and mecoprop-p (MCPP) transported in runof ...
- Kramer, Kirsten E.; Rice, Pamela J.; Horgan, Brian P.; Rittenhouse, Jennifer L.; King, Kevin W.
- Journal of environmental quality 2009 v.38 no.6 pp. 2402
- agricultural runoff, etc ; lawns and turf; turf grasses; pesticide residues; pesticides; leaching; simulation models; prediction; model validation; storms; hydrologic models; golf courses; rainfall simulation; rainfall simulators; correlation; rain intensity; accuracy; Agrostis stolonifera var. palustris; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Pesticides applied to turf grass have been detected in surface waters raising concerns of their effect on water quality and interest in their source, hydrological transport and use of models to predict transport. TurfPQ, a pesticide runoff model for turf grass, predicts pesticide transport but has not been rigorously validated for larger storms. The objective of this study was to determine TurfPQ' ...