Jump to Main Content
- Lenka Hájková; Zdeněk Hubálek; Věra Kožnarová; Lenka Bartošová; Martin Možný
- Aerobiologia 2018 v.34 no.2 pp. 157-169
- Alnus; Alopecurus pratensis; Anemone (plant); Betula pendula; Larix decidua; North Atlantic Oscillation; Quercus robur; Salix caprea; allergens; altitude; flowering; heat sums; soil temperature; spring; trees; winter; Central European region; Czech Republic
- ... This paper analyses long-term (1960–2015) onset of flowering in 16 native terrestrial plants (11 of them produce important allergens) recorded in different parts of the Czech Republic (southern, central and northern part) in relation to the North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO) index of the preceding winter and thermal data—growing degree-days (GDD) and soil temperature. Flowering occurred significantl ...
- N.R. Kendall; J. Smith; L.K. Whistance; S. Stergiadis; C Stoate; H. Chesshire; A.R. Smith
- Livestock science 2021 v.250 pp. 104560
- Acer pseudoplatanus; Alnus; Castanea; Fagus sylvatica; Fraxinus excelsior; Ovis aries; Quercus; Salix caprea; acid detergent fiber; agricultural landscapes; agroforestry; animal welfare; autumn; cobalt; crude protein; ecological resilience; elemental composition; farms; iodine; livestock production; metabolizable energy; mineral content; nutrient content; selenium; spring; trees; zinc
- ... Silvopastoral agroforestry, the integration of trees into livestock production systems, is an ancient practice with benefits to animal welfare and nutrition. Intensification of farming practices have reduced the presence of trees and hedgerows in the agricultural landscape. Environmental benefits coupled with improvements to ecological resilience and the long-term sustainability of farm productivi ...
- Dolezal, J.; Ishii, H.; Vetrova, V.P.; Sumida, A.; Hara, T.
- Annals of botany 2004 v.94 no.3 pp. 333-343
- tree growth; Salix caprea; mathematical models; boreal forests; forest trees; Betula pendula subsp. mandshurica; Larix; fire ecology; equations; ecological succession; Alnus hirsuta; forest stands; growth models; species diversity; plant competition; natural regeneration; Russia
- ... Background and Aims Fire is the dominant disturbance in central Kamchatka boreal forests, yet patterns and mechanisms of stand recovery have not been investigated. Methods Measurements were made of 1433 stems > or = 1 3 m height and annual radial increments of 225 randomly selected trees in a 0 4-ha plot of a 53-year-old fire-origin mixed-species stand to examine the spatio-temporal variation in e ...
- PubMed Central: