Jump to Main Content
- Daffara, Sara, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Quaternary international 2018 v.490 pp. 10-20
- altitude; data collection; geographic information systems; glaciers; human population; human settlements; humans; models; piedmont; surveys; Alps region; Italy
- ... Starting from statistical samplings or anthropological dynamics hypothesis, GIS predictive models are particularly helpful for archaeological site detection. About 11,000 B.P., during the transition from the last glacial period and Holocene, there was a gradual decrease of glacier in Europe and groups of hunter-gatherers began to populate extensive lands in central-northern Europe and in the Alpin ...
- Daffara, Sara, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Quaternary international 2016 v.402 pp. 15-25
- altitude; historic sites; humans; industry; piedmont; quartz; surveys; Alps region; Italy
- ... The Sessera valley is an under-populated Italian alpine valley located in the north-eastern Piedmont (northwest Italy) between the provinces of Biella and Vercelli. We discuss the data obtained during the first and the second year of the project “Survey Alta Val Sessera” held in 2013 and in 2014 under the scientific direction of Soprintendenza Archeologia del Piemonte in collaboration with Associa ...