Jump to Main Content
- Strahil Berkov; Lilija Georgieva; Violeta Kondakova; Francesc Viladomat; Jaume Bastida; Atanas Atanassov; Carles Codina
- Biochemical systematics and ecology 2013 v.46 pp. 152-161
- Alzheimer disease; Leucojum aestivum; acetylcholinesterase; biosynthesis; chemotypes; gas chromatography; lycorine; mass spectrometry; medicine; mountains; Balearic Islands; Bulgaria; Danube River
- ... Leucojum aestivum, an industrial source of the acetylcholinesterase inhibitor galanthamine, shows a great chemodiversity in its alkaloid synthesis. Samples from various geographically distinct populations from Bulgaria and the Balearic Islands were studied by GC–MS. The alkaloid pattern of the plants of L. aestivum (subsp. pulchellum) from the Balearic Islands were dominated by crinine type compou ...
- Liliya Georgievaa; Strahil Berkov; Violeta Kondakova; Jaume Bastida; Francesc Viladomat; Atanas Atanassov; Carles Codina
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung 2014 v.62 no.9-10 pp. 627-635
- Alzheimer disease; Leucojum aestivum; acetylcholinesterase; bulbs; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; lycorine; summer; Bulgaria
- ... Leucojum aestivum (summer snowflake) is a plant species used for the extraction of galanthamine, an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Extracts from bulbs collected from 18 Bulgarian populations and from shoot-clumps obtained in vitro from 8 different populations showed variations in their alkaloid composition. Nineteen alkaloids were detected in the studied s ...